Nov 08, 2018
Hotel in Regina: What’s Coming Up in November and December
If you can’t wait until Christmas to get away, then don’t. There are so many reasons to book a holiday or business trip and stay in style at the Comfort Suites hotel in Regina in November and early-December. While fall is typically a slower time of year for Regina tourism, you can beat the crowds to get some of your Christmas shopping done or catch one of the many fabulous events taking place in the city over the next while. Read on to see what’s coming up:
Tis the Season for Art Shows and Craft Fairs
If you love to give local and handmade gifts for the holidays, then Regina is the place to do your shopping. The city has a number of Christmas markets and craft fairs selling everything from baking to handicrafts to jewellery to artisan products. Why not spend a weekend at one of the best Regina hotels and check out these events happening in November and December:
- Market Days at Centennial Market, every Saturday and Sunday to Dec. 22 and 23
- Our Best to You Regina Art and Craft Sale, Nov. 9-11 at Evraz Place International Trade Centre
- The 30th Annual Prairie Artists Guild Show and Sale, Nov. 15-17, at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre
- Wintergreen Fine Craft Market, Nov. 16-18, Conexus Art Centre
- Cathedral Holiday Market, Nov. 17 at two locations: Westminster United Church and Cathedral Neighbourhood Centre
- The Wren Holiday Handmade Market, Nov. 18, The Owl multipurpose room at the University of Regina
- 2018 Craft and Trade Show, Nov. 23-24, St. James United Church
- Holiday Bazaart, Nov. 24, MacKenzie Art Gallery
- Christkindl Tradition German Christmas Market, Nov. 24, Regina German Club
- Bushworks Art Guild Fall Show and Sale, Nov. 30-Dec. 2, Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre
- Santa’s Shopping Spree Tradeshow and Sale, Dec. 1, Evraz Place, Banner Hall
- Regina Christmas Expo, Dec. 2, Conexus Arts Centre, Convention Hall
Concerts to Get You In the Holiday Spirit
Catch these artists live when they deck some of the city’s biggest halls in the coming weeks:
- Nova Scotia hiphop star Classified with Choclair and Maestro Fresh Wes at The Exchange Nov. 10
- Comedian Tracey Morgan at the Casino Regina Show Lounge, Nov. 16
- Wednesday Night Folk with the Regina Songwriters Group at Bushwakker Brew Pub, Nov. 21
- Three Days Grace, Dec. 5 at Conexus Arts Centre
- Letterkenny Live! The Encore at Conexus Arts Centre, Dec. 11
Dance and Theatre to Make the Heart Sing
Get a jump on the season a little early when Canada’s Ballet Jörgen presents The Nutcracker: A Canadian Holiday Tradition at the Conexus Arts Centre’s Main Theatre Nov. 16. And don’t miss Regina Little Theatre’s presentation of one the most beloved Canadian stories, Anne of Green Gables, when it stages at the Regina Performing Arts Centre Nov. 28 to Dec. 1.
Your kids will not only love these shows, but they will also love our Regina hotel with waterslide and pool that features a Kids Splash zone.
And Don’t Forget the Rodeo
Book your hotel room in Regina early for one of the biggest rodeo events of the season. The Canadian Western Agribition (CWA) and Canadian Professional Rodeo Association are bringing 16 of the top rodeo athletes to perform at the Brandt Centre at Evraz Place, Nov. 21 -24. The fun culminates with the Party in the Dirt cabaret in the middle of the rodeo arena (19-plus).
For more tourism Regina events, read about where to stay in Regina for a Romantic Fall Getaway.
The Comfort Suites Regina hotel offers the perfect getaway from the everyday when wanting to explore the city of Regina. Enjoy our convenient location, well-appointed suites that are perfect for couples, families and people travelling with pets, as well as our indoor waterpark with a waterslide, splash zone, lap pool, and hot tub, and 24-hour fitness room. And best of all, you get a complimentary hot breakfast buffet with each day you stay.